Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some small, quick updates!

Today’s post (which should have been posted yesterday… oops! … is just a few updates about where I am on various … stuff.

Website:
Still working, still coding until my eyes cross.

When this is all done, not only will galleries be available, but so will more information be available when you click on that item.  While not broken down into individual pages for each item (as of yet), the links from the galleries will lead to a page of the items from that gallery with more in depth information on the items – including a somewhat larger/more detailed photo, some inspiration, history, more information on the design and materials, and of course where they are available to be purchased.  Once this information is up, I can begin work on separating the pages, if the space made available by my ISP allows for the individual pages.  Because of my currently limited space, it will be in sort of a testing phase for a little until I have a better grasp on just how much space each individual page will need, and if I will be able to add more photos, etc.

 

Photography:
Photography “season” is here, and though I’ve not had the photos to show it, my hands have indeed been active!  I have been working on some earwraps, Halloween items, Autumn items, and necklaces and anklets, as well as more earvines and some of the other earrings, bracelets and pendants I’d said I was working on during the summer.

The new photo sessions will also pick up some of the individual color shots and shape shots I have not gotten photos clear enough to use on the site, and some will replace the ones currently up to be more clear or more focused.  I will also be replacing shots of some of my older works with better quality photos.

Since photography is not my strongest suit, I tend to take thousands of photos to only use about 50 or so from a session, I probably won’t start getting photos up for a few weeks, but they are indeed coming!

 

Minnerviews:
Oh yes, they’re still on!  I am still working on collecting questionnaires that I have sent out, and they are trickling in.  If you know someone (or are someone) who would like to be featured, just send me an email at dwjewelry@g-net.net! I’d love to hear your story, and share it with everyone here!

 

Shopping Season:
Holiday shopping season starts soon!  I will be posting promotions, and even some giveaways on my Facebook page, only visible to fans, so be sure you are a fan! These will start in the coming weeks, so make sure you don’t miss out!

 

I would once again like to thank everyone who reads my blog, and every artist who has shared their story with us.  You are all the reason I do this, and I do appreciate every single one of you!

No comments: