Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Color Gradients

In my narrowmindedness, up until now, I have only been making solid colors in my work.


A week or so ago, when I was looking at the bookmark I'd made, I realized that.. Duh, I can make bracelets in gradients! With matching earrings even! So I began. I now have a beautiful ocean bracelet that I haven't yet photographed (I'm totally keeping the prototype and its matching earrings!), a green one, and a red one. I've done both green and red in bookmarks too!


I'm thinking of doing one in purple next. I don't have much in the way of yellow or orange, but I can also do some rainbows. .. Hm.. this has some distinct possibilites.





Here's the green gradient one that I managed to get before the camera's batteries died.
The fade is Chrysolite on the teardrop, then jet, Emerald, Peridot, Chrysolite, the large ones are Emerald, with Chrysolite and Peridot between them.



And here's the red one, again, just before the camera batteries died. The fade is Jet (teardrop/first two little ones), Garnet, Siam, Light Siam, then large Garnet ones, with Siam/Light Siam between them.


As soon as I can get better photos, I will be listing these.

No comments: